A light, healthy, energizing meal of baked salmon featuring a delicate glaze of Preserved Lemon Syrup from Morris Kitchen (of Brooklyn) perched on a bed of zoodles in a delicate butter sauce.
Now you’re probably thinking, butter sauce? Is that really the best choice for what otherwise would be a super healthy meal?
Yup, butter sauce, I say. I think that everything in life is a balancing act, and, for this dish I was balancing my love of butter with my desire to eat healthier. The result.. a rich, flavourful dish that left me feeling satisfied as well as energized.
Balance is a good thing!
Baked Lemon Glazed Salmon + Zucchini Noodles
4 Fresh Salmon Filets
2-3 Large Fresh Zucchini (spiral sliced)
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Flour
Zest of One Lemon
2 Green Onions (chopped)
1 Bunch Fresh Dill (chopped)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1.Preheat oven to 400 C. Place salmon filets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. In a small sauce pan reduce the lemon syrup by about half, then drizzle 1 tbsp over each salmon filet. Put aside the remaining reduced syrup and place the salmon filets in the hot oven. Cook for 10 minutes then pull them out and add the remaining glaze.
3. Spiral Slice your zucchini and set aside.
4. In a large frying pan melt the butter, then add the flour and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
6. Once your salmon is done pull it out of the oven, then, add the zucchini noodles to the hot pan and cook for 1 minute but do not stir. Add the lemon zest, green onions, fresh dill and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Make a bed of zucchini noodles on your serving plate and place salmon filet on top. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh dill.
Want a spiralizer to call your own? Get yours here at amazon.com