Eating healthier doesn’t mean that you have to eliminate your pasta altogether.. why not toss zoodles in with your traditional pasta for a lighter, healthier alternative? Sure you probably won’t find this recipe re-posted on Weight Watchers, but, I’m a middle of the road sort of girl, and if I’m battling a craving for pasta, a bowl of zucchini just isn’t going to cut it.
So, instead of doing a swan dive off the end of the weight loss, healthy eating band wagon, try this middle of the road compromise. I swear I was more than satisfied with this half zoodle + half pasta concoction, and I had precisely half the guilt.
Spinach, Feta, Shrimp and Olive Linguini AND Zoodles
- 1 pkg Shrimp (frozen if you’re as landlocked as I am, fresh if you’re lucky enough to live by the sea)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 4 large Fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Large Package Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (with Brine)
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 1 pkg Fresh Linguini Noodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spiral Slice your Zucchini and prep everything else ahead of time as this comes together really fast. Boil a pot of water for the linguini and heat up a large frying pan or wok for the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the linguini to the boiling water.
- Add the butter and shrimp to the hot frying pan and cook for about a minute until the outsides of the shrimp start getting pink.
- Toss in the minced garlic, tomatoes, olives and spinach then stir.
- Drain the linguini noodles.
- Spread the zucchini noodles (zoodles) evenly across the top of the shrimp mixture and repeat the process with the cooked linguini noodles, spreading them across the top of the shrimp mixture as well. (Spreading out both the zoodles and linguini across the pan will make it easier to toss everything together at the end.)
- Drizzle the olive oil over top of the linguini noodle layer and then toss it all together with tongs (or two forks). Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Check to make sure the shrimp are cooked but not overdone then transfer each portion into a serving dish and sprinkle with feta cheese. Top with a few grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy! (then share your thoughts on facebook, could you taste the zoodles?)
Don’t believe that there are zucchini noodles in this dish?
Check it out.. yup there are!